Thursday, March 22, 2012

Monday, 3/19/12

Well after it took 3 days for me to learn how to operate a computer, here is the first blog from the lady of the band. 
It is now Thursday and as Con and Honzo enjoy an Arctic Monkeys/Black Keys show (love to Doc to pulling a Hail Mary), I will share my thoughts on the past session (and a half).
Monday, as Con and I dubiously counted our caloric intake of liquor, we tackled "Follow me" for what we thought would be the last time.  We got some nice takes on "the song that's never finished."  Also, remember that set we used to play live?  Yea, we decided it might be time to play the set again live.  It went well, and we succeeded in also running through the EP.  All in all, a productive evening.  As per usual, guest appearance from Marv. 
Today (Thursday) I walked my happy ass over the Williamsburg bridge, up Alphabet City, to the studio to listen to what we have so far.  Of course, we decided that perhaps we should try "Follow Me" yet another way and make "A Little in Love" a duet.  With 5 minutes remaining to get to the show, we recorded the vocals.  The boys are due back in about 2 hours, Stan the Man just got here, and for the love of (insert whatever/whomever you pray to here), lets finish these songs! 
Guests/Highlights:
Marv
Ethan (thank you for eating McDonald's in front of me) 

peace,
laura

1 comment:

  1. congrats on figuring this quantum computer science out, sis. and ask Honzo why we missed Arctic Monkeys.

    ReplyDelete